The weather is warming up here in the New Orleans area! It’s time to get out and really enjoy what our city has to offer…and why not take your dog? Keep reading for a few exciting events and I’ll share some dog-friendly restaurant locations with you as well!
One event we would first like to invite you to is Mardi Paws, happening on March 1st at 2pm. Come see us in Historic Downtown Covington. The proceeds from this event will go to help Kids and K9’s! For more information, visit www.MardiPaws.com. Stop by our booth, we would love to get to know you and meet your pets!
Maybe the weather decided not to cooperate on your day off? Whether it’s colder than you prefer or just a dreary, rainy day I can guarantee your dog would love to cuddle up for a movie day! The Call of the Wild just came out starring Harrison Ford. This heartwarming remake is perfect for a day in.
Almost every dog would absolutely love a good hike, and it’s good for you to! Dogs benefit from having new trails to sniff and the exercise of a hike! Between the mental and physical stimulation your dog will receive, he or she is bound to be one happy pup at the end of the day! Check out a few of these trails and let us know what you liked most!
- Bayou Sauvage Ridge Trail at 20876 Chef Menteur Hwy. This trail offers a great boardwalk/levee system to keep you safe and out of the swamp, but is a great way for you to see the sights!
- Louis Armstrong Park at 835 N Rampart St. This trail has a picnic area, several sculptures, and a beautiful green space to relax at.
- Woldenberg Riverfront Park at 1 Canal St. Your furry friend will love walking the boardwalk and watching the ships go by. You might even find a dog-friendly shop or restaurant to stop into.
- Couturie Forest at 1009 Harrison Ave. This 60-acre park is bound to keep you and your dog busy for hours! This park also has New Orleans’ highest point of elevation, Laborde Mountain.
If hiking isn’t your thing, or maybe you worked up an appetite on your hike, bring your dog with you for a delicious meal and cocktail! Below are a few of our favorite places to go as the weather warms up!
- The Rusty Nail. If you are looking for a relaxed atmosphere to enjoy your evening, this is the place to be! Located at 1100 Constance St, this restaurant offers a large patio area with happy hour specials that will keep your tail wagging!
- Flamingo A-Go-Go is on our list of places you must go! On top of offering an extensive food and drink menu, they also have a menu for dogs! Their patio offers corn hole, life-sized Connect Four, and even a projection screen for movies!
- Twelve Mile Limit in Mid-City is always a hit! A great place for friends and dogs to hang out, you can enjoy bingo nights and trivia nights! Twelve Mile Limit is located at 500 S Telemachus St.
For more ideas, click HERE for a more extensive list of dog-friendly restaurants in our favorite city! https://nola.eater.com/maps/dog-friendly-bars-new-orleans
If you are short on time, you can always stop by an off-leash dog park to let your furry friend run off some energy. Maybe you are stuck at work and can’t get home to let your pet out? Our pet sitters are here to help! We love each pet as our own and ensure he or she gets the exercise and attention they need!